When we’re really honest with ourselves, we all ask these questions. I know I have. I also know what it’s like to spend all your emotional energy just trying to survive and function through one more hard, difficult day.
No one is looking for simplistic, bumper-sticker band-aids. The answer is not to just stop something and start doing something else. It’s all about relationship and learning how to prosper. The truth is, loving others and learning to receive love is a long, crazy journey and change is very, very hard. Having been on that journey myself for quite some time, I would love to walk alongside you.
Healing is a journey of discovery, for as we look at your thoughts, feelings, actions and beliefs, you will get a vision for how the broken places can be healed, your life renewed and your faith restored.
In my book, From the Other Side of the Couch, I share how I walked through my own journey of healing.
My Roadmap to Freedom shows how to walk through the valley of woundedness, liberate your feelings from captivity, wrestle inaccurate beliefs into submission, plant your flag on the mountain of truth, and learn how to live in godly freedom. This book welcomes you into my counseling office where I share the insights God has given to me on both sides of the couch.
- A safe place to learn why you do the things you don’t want to do.
- To learn tools and skills to deal with your negative thoughts and your destructive behaviors.
- You can learn to establish healthy, positive relationships.
- A warm, safe, inviting environment where your thoughts, actions and feelings can be explored.
- An opportunity to be empowered so you can reach your goals and establish a sense of well being.
- Incorporating your faith beliefs into your personal healing journey.